Thursday, September 1, 2011

Great Wine Value <$10 Caves du Fournalet from TJ's



So here is my wine theory. Europeans have been making wine the better part of over 1000 years. They have wine making down, and its a part of their culture. The US has not been around as long and while we have been wine making since Europeans began settling here, our wine making efforts have been a bit hodge-podge. Vineyards have been passed down through the centuries in Europe. Our vineyards for the most part have just been put into production in the last half century. Therefore I find that lower cost wines from Europe are much more enjoyable than wines made here.


One I find to be very tasty at the bargain price of $4.99 is pictured above and I can only find it at local Trader Joes. It will not win awards for being the best, but good wine is fine enough for me and my wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment