Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pork Butt Sous Vide, so damn tender


So while in the experimental honeymoon of having my new sous vide water oven, I decided to take my favorite meat to the task. Glorious rich & flavorful Pork Butt! Before I tell you how incredibly tender and juicy it, we will go over the boring details of how I prepped them. Made 3 different tastes, one in a basic BBQ rub with a little liquid smoke, one in a dried herb garlic and onion rub, and one with a teriyaki-ish garlic ginger dry rub and then brushed on a little soy sauce. Placed in the the water and let is slowly cook for 13 hours.

So this morning I woke up took the bags out of their overnight bath, cooled the Herb/Garlic and teriyaki ones in ice baths to enjoy at a later date. I ripped open the BBQ bag and it was so tender moist juicy and had a lot of deliciousness to it. But it wasn't perfect, it was pretty good, but could have benefited from a little brine before hand, but better under salted than over salted. Luckily enough for me I had a little Maldon Salt on hand, turning my overnight experiment into a tasty breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment